Opera Gallery Miami is seeking a part-time or full time Sales Assistant.
The Sales Assistant will report directly to the Director of Opera Gallery Miami, Dan Benchetrit. The position schedule is to be determined with the Director.
- Conduct art and design sales
- Promptly and warmly welcome guests to the gallery
- Maintain a thorough understanding of our current exhibitions in order to best articulate relevant artistic concepts to visitors
- Client development : develop client lists by notifying potential clients of particular works and exhibitions, according to their interests
- Assist with gallery exhibitions, openings and events
Qualifications and requirements :
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Art History, Business, Studio Art, Arts Administration + 2 years’ experience minimum in the art sector or 5 years’ experience minimum in an art gallery or art auction house
- A genuine passion for modern, contemporary art and design
- A thorough knowledge of Microsoft/Outlook
- A friendly and positive demeanor
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Hardworking and motivated by sales targets, whilst also being able to work independently and efficiently
- Ability to work a flexible schedule and additional hours as needed for client viewings, openings and events
Application Instructions :
Please send resume and cover letter to Dan@operagallery.com with “Sales Assistant” in the subject line.
Opera Gallery is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants.