Opera Gallery Geneva is seeking a Sales Assistant for its new exhibition space Opera, spanning 130 square meters over 2 floors. It is situated 19 Place de Longemalle opposite our flagship space, in the heart of the city.
Opera presents two distinct exhibitions : Intersect, which brings together art and design and Focus, which presents multiples by a key artist.
The Sales Assistant will report directly to the Director of Opera Gallery Geneva, Jordan Lahmi. The position schedule is Tuesday – Saturday, with additional hours for opening and events.
- Conduct art and design sales
- Promptly and warmly welcome guests to the gallery
- Maintain a thorough understanding of our current exhibitions in order to best articulate relevant artistic concepts to visitors
- Client development : develop client lists by notifying potential clients of particular works and exhibitions, according to their interests
- Assist with gallery exhibitions, openings and events
Qualifications and requirements :
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Art History, Business, Studio Art, Arts Administration + 2 years’ experience minimum in the art sector or 5 years’ experience minimum in an art gallery or art auction house
- Be fluent in French and have a good level of English (written and verbal)
- A genuine passion for modern, contemporary art and design
- A thorough knowledge of Microsoft/Outlook
- A friendly and positive demeanor
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Hardworking and motivated by sales targets, whilst also being able to work independently and efficiently
- Ability to work a flexible schedule and additional hours as needed for client viewings, openings and events
Application Instructions :
Please send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Sales Assistant” in the subject line.
Opera Gallery is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants.