The Director of Exhibitions and Curatorial Projects will be responsible for the project planning of all viewings, exhibitions, art fairs and external projects working hand in hand with gallery directors and in conjunction with key stakeholders from Operations, Communication and Marketing teams. The role will be expected to formulate detailed project plans and schedules.
Salary 45-50k EUR per year, depending on experience.
(Duties include but are not limited to the following):
- Propose ideas for art fairs and manage applications and planning from artwork list to booth design.
- Complete contribution to exhibition/art fair ideas, and suggestions of new artists
- Artist liaison for specific artists represented by the gallery
- Coordinate projects with artists and their studios for fairs and exhibitions (internal & external exhibitions)
- Project and budget management for internal and external exhibitions and special projects of specific artists
- Collaborate with the chairman & directors on the global programme strategy for the gallery
- Work closely alongside directors to set the gallery’s seasonal programming
- research/review new artists
- Assist the Directors and artists with the curating and design of exhibitions
- Maintainance of gallery inventory, including loans and consignments, in collaboration with the administration team
- Proofreading literature including press releases, commissioned texts, and transcribed conversations for publication.
- Development of special projects with freelance creatives such as graphic designers, photographers, videographers, editors, curators etc.
- Development of collaborations with institutions
- Working on the development of the gallery’s internal IT system and tools (CRM, DAM etc.)
- Intelligence reports on market trends and innovation
- Building and maintaining client relationships, with collectors, curators, writers, artists, journalists.
- Work alongside other gallery staff in order to ensure day to day operations are completed.
- Participate in gallery openings, client networking, dinners, and international and local events.
- 6+ years of experience in a international commercial gallery
- Proven Project Management experienced required
- Strong background and knowledge of art and multiple art mediums
- Fluent in English and French
- Ability to remain calm in stressful situations
- Ability to use Microsoft Office including Outlook, Excel and Visio as well as Adobe InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator
- Exceptional communication skills – both written and verbal
- Previous experience interfacing with clients, press, and artists
- Good interpersonal and organizational skills
- Passion for Modern and Contemporary Art and strong knowledge of the art market
- Ability to work well independently as well as part of a team
To apply please send your CV and cover letter to email@example.com with “Director of Exhibitions and Curatorial Projects” in the subject line.