Opera Gallery New York is looking for a full time Art Advisor with a proven track record in sales to join its team.
- Provide premium customer service, product knowledge and expertise to customers
- Build and maintain strong relationships with new and existing clients
- Manage and organize client portfolios
- Assist with gallery daily operation, gallery exhibitions, managing the artworks and the gallery display
Essential skills required:
- BA and/or MA in Art History or a related field
- 2+ years experience in a similar role at a contemporary art gallery or auction house strongly preferred.
- Possess excellent communication and presentation skills with a pleasant disposition
- Work driven and sales focused
- Strong enthusiasm to work in a team environment
- Adaptable, fast learner and carry multitasking skills
- Flexible, able to commit to a demanding work schedule
- Able to get things done efficiently and in timely manner
Key personal qualities:
- Passionate for arts
- Energetic, outgoing and self motivated
- Well-organized, detail-minded and efficient
- Must be able to work on weekends
- Good command of a foreign language, French and/or Spanish is a plus.
- Must have legal authorization to work in the United States.
- Salary commensurate with experience
- Generous benefits package including 401k plan
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V committed to ensuring that all current and prospective employees are afforded equal opportunities.
Employee health and safety is of the utmost importance and as such Opera Gallery is committed to adhering to New York State Department of Health covid safety guidelines.